Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage can occur at any time and for many reasons. Pipes burst, appliances fail, and storms can cause flooding situations. Our local Pembroke Pines/West Miramar team has extensive experience mitigating and restoring water damage in Pembroke Pines. Our technicians are on-call and ready to respond to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Our fast emergency response is key to minimizing the potential for secondary damage and related structural issues. Our Pembroke Pines/West Miramar team typically arrives onsite within four hours of your call for help. When you experience flooding or have any water damage emergency, it is essential to stay safe in these dangerous conditions while waiting for help to arrive.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (954) 998-0600
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.