Cooking Safety Tips for Santa Rosa Beach Residents?
Do you know what to do if a cooking fire starts in your home? Many residential fires start due to cooking mishaps in the kitchen. Here are some tips for what to do if you have a cooking fire from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the fire.
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number after you leave.
- If you try to fight the fire, be sure others are getting out and you have a clear way out.
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires. Smother the fire by sliding the lid over the pan and turning off the stovetop. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
- For an oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the door closed.
Call Us Today!
When you have a cooking fire in your Pembroke Pines home or commercial business and you need fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO of Pembroke Pines / West Miramar is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are independently owned and operated.