Halloween Safety Tips for Pembroke Pines Trick-or-Treaters?
Our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team wants everyone to have a safe and fire-damage-free Halloween this year. Here are some safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- When using electrical lighting to decorate your home, ensure it is used per the manufacturer’s instructions. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
For families still planning to attend Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating:
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric that could come in contact with open flames or other heat sources
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency in your Pembroke Pines home or commercial business, our Pembroke Pines and West Miramar team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 954-998-0600.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.